The NextDoor Project works with low income households who are homeless or threatened with homelessness as a result of welfare reform.
Issues we can assist with include: cuts to housing benefit for private tenants; the overall Benefit Cap; the Bedroom Tax; and assistance for non-priority homeless people, including rough sleepers.
- NextDoor offers a range of services, including:
- Housing Benefit Cuts Helpline
- Casework and advice services for households unable to pay their rent because of housing benefit changes
- Training sessions on the changes to housing benefit and welfare reform
- Information packs and materials
- Conferences aimed at professionals and policy makers engaged with welfare reform and housing
- Private Rented Sector Access Scheme, which helps those moving within the private rented sector to access tenancies with reputable landlords
HelpLine and Specialist Casework Service for Westminster residents
NextDoor offers a helpline and casework service designed to ensure that tenants are aware of their rights and the options available.
Please call 08088 02 05 08, between 10.30am – 4.30 pm, Monday to Friday.
It is free to call, even from mobiles.
Calling all landlords!
We are offering you the chance to participate in an innovative new scheme which guarantees you good quality tenants at NO COST and minimal risk! Find out more.